Tuesday 19 August 2014

Schut praises teammates for awards

Mamelodi Sundowns captain Alje Schut has paid respect to his teammates and the people of South Africa after winning the Player of the Season Award during the club's End of Season Awards held in Pretoria on Sunday night.
Schut was biggest winner of the night after also being voted Player's Player of the Season by his own teammates at Sundowns. The Dutch defender took home R425 000 for winning both awards.
“I am thankful to my teammates for voting me the Player's Player of the Season Award,” Schut told KICKOFF.com at the function. 
"This is the biggest respect you can get from your own teammates.
"Regarding the Player of the Season Award, I want to say I am team player. I can only play well because my team also played very well.”
Schut is now in 3rd season with the Brazilians and says he is enjoying life in South Africa.
"I am enjoying myself. The first season was tough because we didn’t get the results,” Said the Brazilians’ captain.
"The 2nd season we started well and ended up winning the league. I am very happy and enjoying myself here, I love the life here, I love the country and people here are open and very welcoming.”
Sundowns have however started this season on a poor note and have yet to register a win so far in the League, and were also been booted out of the MTN8 tournament.
However Schut believes the Brazilians will turn the corner soon.
"We started the first 2 games very badly,” he said. "But with the character and the reaction from the players, I am confident that we will turn the corner very soon, especially with the quality of players we have in the team.”
Sundowns face Moroka Swallows in their next League fixture on Wednesday, 20 August.
Article by: Ernest Fakude

No comments:

Post a Comment