Thursday 28 August 2014

Erasmus, Majoro reflect on goals

rlando Pirates strikers Kermit Erasmus and Lehlohonolo Majoro say they hope to continue their goalscoring form following their heroics against Mamelodi Sundowns last night.
Erasmus scored a brilliant brace before being replaced by ‘Major’, who added another with 15 minutes to go asthe Buccaneers ran out 3-0 winners
In the previous match, the MTN8 second leg semi-final against Bidvest Wits, Majoro scored a brace after Erasmus had netted the opener.
Erasmus is understandably excited by his current form, but says the team winning remains the most important thing.
 “In the past few league games I haven’t been converting the chances we have created, but this is football … it’s not about the chances you miss, it’s about the chances you score,” he said after the game.
“For me as a striker I’ve just got to keep pushing and keep believing that the chance will come and that I’ll score. [On Wednesday night] I scored two goals and I’m happy about that and for the team, but we move on from here.
“It’s a confidence booster for us as a team as well. The strikers are scoring; Majoro came on as well and got a beautiful goal as well, so for us as a team we just want to take it one game at a time and keep pushing.”
After not scoring in his first six months at Pirates, Majoro now has three in two matches and he says that is boosting his confidence.
“We can never all start the game; the coach has made his decision to start with Kermit, who has been doing well for the team,” Major said after the game.
“I must thank the coach for giving me the opportunity because the more you get game-time, and with me scoring, my confidence will slowly but surely get there.”
Majoro added: “The coach told me that Sundowns will be desperate, that they will be pushing higher, which is a game that suits me because making the runs behind the defence, which is how my goal came in. So I did exactly what the coach told me and I got the goal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment