Wednesday 19 December 2012

Benni mum on future

Benni McCarthy won't comment on Orlando Pirates future
Posted: 12 December 2012 Time: 03:04 pm
Orlando Pirates striker Benni McCarthy tells KickOff.com he is playing his cards close to his chest after revelations that he could leave the club at the end of the season. 
McCarthy, whose contract with Bucs expires in July, apparently has a couple of options lined up, including the USA and China, while a rumour is doing the rounds that he could cross the floor to join Kaizer Chiefs.
KickOff.com approached McCarthy for comment, but he is giving little away at this stage.
"I'm the wrong person to ask about my future. I don't know where the rumours come from or if this is true," he says.
"All I know is that I'm a Pirates player and I'm contracted to the team until end of the season. I'm fulfilling my obligations with Pirates and all the other stuff is just rumours. I haven't been in contact with anybody.
"If I do well for Pirates maybe I may stay longer and I will welcome that... but you never know what may happen," he adds.
McCarthy's agent Rob Moore, however, hinted to the Sowetan that Bafana Bafana's all-time leading goalscorer could be on the move end of the season.
Only time will tell...
Article by: Tiyani wa ka Mabasa

No comments:

Post a Comment